Full program description
The “Focus on Planning” series will prepare and enable you to effectively design your courses from start to finish. You’ll learn Instructional Design strategies for things like writing measurable objectives, developing and organizing content, and creating presence in your course.
In learning and implementing these Instructional Design strategies, you’ll be well on your way to designing a course that meets Quality Matters (QM) rubric standards.
The courses in the series are as follows:
- Evaluating Your Course Design: An introduction to quality assurance using the standards from the Quality Matters Higher Education Rubric.
- Quality Meets Alignment: Discover the concept of alignment through a course mapping process.
- Content Development: Learn strategies to develop and select instructional materials, learning activities, and assessments.
- Creating Presence: Enhance your presence in your course through communication strategies and learning activities.
- Accessibility: Ensure your course is accessible to help all learners, not just those with disabilities.
- Rubrics: Create manageable rubrics to support student learning and instructor grading.
- Strategic Video-Making: An elective course to learn the fundamentals of video-making to create engaging video.
Each course averages approximately 6 hours to complete. If multiple courses are taken each month, the program can be finished in as early as 3 months. The current program will conclude November 30, 2020.
Full schedule information for when each course will be offered can be found on the Focus on Planning Information page.